On January 28th and 29th, we had the kickoff meeting of Pangaia, in the Senate Room of the University of Milano – Bicocca, with participants from all beneficiaries. The most important decisions taken are reported below:
Supervisory board members
- Paola Bonizzoni (UNIMIB, coordinator)
- Marco Previtali (UNIMIB)
- Alexander Schönhuth (UNIBI)
- Tomas Szemes (GENETON)
- Tomas Vinar (UK BA)
- Anthony J Cox (Illumina)
- Leen Stougie (NWO-I)
- Rayan Chikhi (IP)
- Iman Hajirasouliha (WCM)
- Cedric Chauve (SFU)
- Paul Medvedev (PSU)
- Kunihiko Sadakane (UTokyo)
Executive committee members
- Paola Bonizzoni (as leader of WP1)
- Rayan Chikhi (as leader of WP1)
- Brona Brejova (as leader of WP1, head of the Executive Committee)
- Solon P. Pissis (as leader of WP1)
- Gianluca Della Vedova (as leader of WP1)
- Jens Stoye (as leader of WP1)
- Marco Previtali (as Administrative Manager)
Advisory Board members
- Gabriel Valiente (Technical University of Catalonia)
- Dan Gusfield (UC Davis)
- Teresa Przytycka (NCBI, NLM, NIH)
The first annual workshop will be colocated with the ECCB conference.
The Annual Workshops will be tentatively held each September, and they will be organized by:
- 2020: NWO-I
- 2021 Institut Pasteur
- 2022 Univ. Bielefeld
- 2023 Univ. Milano – Bicocca.
Summer and Winter Schools.
- First winter school in February 2021, organized by UNIMIB
- First summer school in September 2021 organized by UK BA
- Second summer school in July 2022, organized by IP
- Second winter school in February 2023, organized by UK BA
UNIMIB will organize the midterm meeting. If possible, it will be colocated with the second Annual Workshop.
Raffaella Rizzi (Univ. Milano – Bicocca) is in charge of Gender Issue Strategies.
Open Access, Open Science, and Intellectual Property
Tomas Szemes (for companies) and Solon P. Pissis(for universities and research centers) will supervise those aspects.
- Software will be published under the MIT licence, unless exceptional circumstances make it unfeasible.
- There will be an effort towards using publicly available data and to make public the datasets produced.
- Preprints will be published on arxiv.org or biorxiv.org.
- All Intellectual Property aspects of each secondments are expected to be covered by an Agreement between the seconded person and the hosting party.